The real meaning of “I’m not like the other girls” is, I think, “I’m not the media’s image of what girls should be.” Well, very, very few of us are. Pop culture wants to tell us that we’re all shallow, backstabbing, appearance-obsessed shopaholics without a thought in our heads beyond cute boys and cuter handbags. It’s a lie – a flat-out lie – and we need to recognize it and say so instead of accepting that judgment as true for other girls, but not for you.” —“I’m not like the other girls”, Claudia Gray (via commanderspock)
Today at work, I accidentally asked a couple if I could start them off with an appetizer such as “our creamy spinach artichoke dick”.
They had pretty thick accents, so they probably just assumed that’s how Dip was pronounced
- Me: *playing guitar and singing American Pie with my entire family*
- A few hours later...
- My sister: "I want to play guitar! I'm going to learn!"
- Me: "Okay, you can use my older Fender."
- Ten minutes later...
- My sister: "I tried learning but there's no hope for me."
- Me: "You haven't touched a guitar before an hour ago. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO LEARN? 10 YEARS IN THE MAKING YOU BUTTHOLE"
I forgot how frustrating it is to play an old RPG, skip a save point, die, and have to do the last 3 hours again.
oh FUCK. No, they didn’t. Maybe next time, anon. You got my hopes up, you grey bastard.
Words hurt, Fatimah